The Jar Project - Year Review




First of all, if you have no idea what "The Jar Project" is, please click HERE to read how it all began. 

It’s been just over a year since I started "The Jar Project" and all in all, it has definitely been a positive, confidence boosting experience as well as a personal growth journey.
Although I’ve only completed about 10 “Jar Project” tasks, (Not as many as I’d hoped/planned), the knock-on effect The Jar Project has had on my life, self-motivation and confidence has been tremendous.

Here are some things that I feel I wouldn’t have done or achieved if it wasn’t for "The Jar Project"...

- My self esteem has grown.
- I am more confident in social situations.
- Has enabled me to be more creative/use my creativity.
- I’ve read more books this year than I have done in a very long time.
- I have recently joined a writing group and a theatre group.
- I went for a dream job and had the confidence to walk straight in with my C.V.
- I’m more positive.

These are just a few things off of the top of my head but I know that there are many more, including some that I am probably not even aware of. 

The initial response to "The Jar Project" idea surprised me with positive feedback, especially from friends and family.
I’ve recently reached out to a few people that I knew had had a go at "The Jar Project" in order to get some feedback and again have been overwhelmed by their testimonials. Here are a few things that were said...

“I would say it's made me less lazy and given me the want to accomplish things. For instance move to Plymouth and start a new career was two of them and I've succeeded in that. Also I guess it's help me show my soppier side a bit more. I'm not the best at telling people how I feel or showing my emotions. So I told my dad I loved him and that I was proud of all he had achieved in his life. I'd never done that before because I'm more of a mummy's girl. He really appreciated it and said how nice it was to hear me actually say those words. That was a massive one for me and one I left in the jar for a while before I did it!”

“I pulled out about 10 so there are still some left. But if there was one I didn't want to do that day I would put it back for another day until I felt the time was right I guess. Having it written down definitely made a difference. Seeing it in black and white made it a reality instead of just a thought that might get forgotten I guess.”

“…Yeah I think so, cause even if I didn't take one out, I was still aware of what things I had written down and so I guess I thought oh maybe I'll do that.”

I was really pleased to hear just how much "The Jar Project" has benefitted people and the things that they have achieved since starting it.

If you've read about "The Jar Project" but never started your own, I hope these testimonials from others motivates you to do so. 
It doesn’t have to be serious or pressured – you can put completely silly things in the jar if you want to. It’s just about living life to the full and learning more about your self and your potential.

My next post will be a revamping of "The Jar Project" and a 'how-to' to help you get started.

Did you do "The Jar Project" last year? Did it help you in any way? 

Let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I'm thinking of making one. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should and let me know how you get on! #TheJarProject xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute idea!!
    http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete