JUST SAY 'YES'



I don’t even want to think about how long it’s been since my last blog post…
the worst blogger of the year award goes to…

So I haven’t written a blog post in weeks, months.. and here’s why..

I was working 7 days a week at two jobs, working my butt off to try and get myself out of my 
ever-growing overdraft. Obviously this was extremely demanding both mentally and physically, pretty much running on adrenaline as one does when you find yourself in this sort of situation.
Anyway, the company I was working for during the week collapsed. Which I could see coming but stayed there anyway.. So now I find myself pretty much only working weekends.

Although I was too busy to do the Jar Project in the way I had originally intended, I made sure I said 'yes' to every opportunity that came my way.
The other day I sat down and started writing a list of all the NEW things that I have tried or experienced this year and was quite surprised with the length of it but here are just few..
  • Tried Sushi for the first time.
  • Had my first ever Saki Bomb.
  • Said yes to a trip to Dublin.
  • Tried my first pint of Guinness and liked it.
  • Worked two jobs seven days a week.
  • Drank so much I ended up in an ambulance.
  • Discovered Victoria’s Secret.
  • Tried laughing gas (pretty sure I had an allergic reaction to this).
  • A boy won me a teddy bear at the arcade on Brighton’s Pier.
  • Had a girlie pamper evening which included a foot bath! (Anyone who knows me personally will know that this is a big deal because I’m a bit funny when it comes to feet!).
  • Made friends with a horse.
  • Said F***you to hayfever and lay in a field of poppies.
  • Modelled for a buyers meeting in London.
  • Attended my Grandma’s 90th birthday party.
  • Improvised with tequila shots and had grapefruit instead of lemon.
  • Discovered Marks and Spencer’s Neapolitan cookies – If you haven’t tried these I highly suggest you make your way to the near M&S now!
  • Went to a nudist beach (accidently).
  • Went to the horse racing at Windsor – haven’t quite decided if I agree with it or not yet.
  • Ordered a slushie with a shot of vodka
  • Tried mussels - not really that exciting. 


·     And also the ones that you already know about – getting a tattoo, started kickboxing, this blog and 'The Jar Project'.

 I’ve also done a lot of other things but I’ve gotta keep some things to myself haven’t I.




Since finding myself with quite a lot of spare time on my hands, I have picked up 'The Jar Project' again – So look out for more blog posts in the near future.

I would love to know how you guys have been getting on with ‘The Jar Project’ – Whether it’s helped you get yourself out of a rut or been a total flop – let me know!

When was the last time you did something that you’ve never done before? 

If you genuinely can't think of anything or just craving more from life - just say 'yes' to every opportunity that comes your way and see what happens. 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment