From Little Acorns.. The Jar Project #5, #6 & #7






So I pulled this out of The Jar and immediately didn’t want to do it.
I skulked into my mum’s room and said, “I don’t want to”, she then replied with, “well don’t. 
If you don’t want to do it then don’t do it”.
Basically between us we’ve been throwing out so much stuff that I had become overwhelmed with the amount of eBaying every week. And what for? A couple of quid?
I then proceeded to sort through the bags of unwanted items in our hallway,
kept a few items that I thought were worth selling and took all the rest down to the PDSA charity.

This whole process took only about half an hour and our hallway was clear.
Sounds simple, but this was a massive weight off my shoulders.
This also made me realise that sometimes it’s ok to say no.

Obviously there are always things in life that you have to do but don’t want to do.
But it’s about finding a different outlook or perspective so that you can complete the task at hand with passion – find a way to make it important to you.




So when I first pulled this one out I wasn’t exactly enthralled. To be honest I thought this would be pretty lame but as I find my desk pretty uninspiring I thought I’d give it a go.


To my surprise, I actually found this quite fun and therapeutic. I put a few quotes next to my bed and the rest above my desk.
This has definitely helped to motivate and inspire me and has also encouraged me to keep my room tidy (bonus), as well as having fresh flowers in my room too. 

Before
After 
Next to my bed - this makes me 'lol' every morning.



A friend at work recently told me that they had stumbled upon a website with lots of weird and wonderful jobs – such as being paid to be in audiences, dress up in bear costumes – all sorts of bizarre stuff. Unfortunately, they couldn’t remember the name of the site and so far have been unable to find it again.
So after pulling this one out of The Jar I tried my best to find something strange to apply for. .

I couldn’t find anything. Anywhere.

I couldn’t even find a normal job I was interested in!

I then decided to start brainstorming business ideas and other projects for the near future.
Thinking about what I’m good at and what sort of services I can provide to help others and make some money.
This is something I’m still working on but demonstrates the beauty of The Jar Project.

Sometimes you don’t want to do what’s written on the post-it or sometimes you simply can’t do it. And that’s ok. It teaches you to be flexible and to think outside the box a bit. You also learn things about yourself – What you like doing, what you don’t like doing, discovering things you didn’t realise you were good at etc.

These three tasks this week didn’t look like they would be particularly exciting or life changing – but how life changing would starting up your own business be? How much could you achieve with a little bit of motivation? And everyone can relate to that liberating feeling of getting rid of junk, as well as giving to your favourite charity.

The whole process of The Jar Project stretches your mind, teaches you more about yourself and ultimately, keeps you doing.

 X

P.s. If you are interested in any of the quotes I have used, I have put them all up on the 

No comments:

Post a Comment