The Jar Project #2 - Get a tattoo/MY Valentines Day


My second task from 'The Jar Project' - "Get a tattoo". 

As the light of my life, (my persian cat Angel) recently died, I decided to get a memorial tattoo for her. 
And it definitely seemed a bit like fate when the only time they could fit me in was 11am on Valentines Day <3.

Originally, I just wanted 'Angel' written on the side of my finger. But it turns out that finger tattoos never last very long and can get easily blurred etc. Then I thought of an 'A' with a halo around it - but my ex's initial is 'A' so I decided against that..

I gave a friend of mine some of my favourite pictures of Angel and she came up with an illustration that I fell in love with.
My tattoo artist then tidied this up so that it would work as a tattoo.. 


In the end, I ended up having a picture of her in the fruit bowl on my foot, with her name underneath. 
Here's how it turned out…

Tattoo by Tracey Constant at Ritual Art Tattoo studio



I spent the rest of the day pretty much staring at my foot.. until mum came home - we had decided to have a special Valentines evening in together. In bed with sauvignon blanc, Dominos and "The Switch".
Perfection. Best Valentines day yet.


I hope you all had a wonderful February 14th. 
How's you're Jar Project going..?




No comments:

Post a Comment