AVANT PREMIERE London Fashion Week Event

Ok so this post is evidence that 'The Jar Project', saying "yes" and just doing the things that you've always wanted to do, leads on to other things and opens metaphorical and physical doors.. 



A friend I went to university with now owns a luxury, brand development company - AVANT-PREMIERE and after seeing my blog invited me to one of their events in London. 
They asked me to review the event and some of my favourite designers.
The event was hosted at 'Kettners' in Soho and consisted of new and up and coming jewellery, clothing and accessory designers showcasing their latest work and collections. 

Being relatively fussy when it comes to fashion, nothing particularly caught my eye at first.. until I spotted in the far corner of one of the rooms - metal and wood. 

These handmade designs by Diane Turner are created using the alchemic process of growing the metal onto wood.

"The organic characteristics of the wood contrast with the clean faceted edges of the pieces to make bold and robust jewellery… Another aspect of the design is the story behind the foraged wood. It could be an 800 year old piece of Bog Oak or an ancient wooden beam salvaged out of the sea from a sunken ship."


- So basically this collection is my idea of jewellery heaven! The pieces are unique and gorgeous with price points ranging from around £150 - £250. 

Bog oak and silver belt buckle £250







The holographic trend is 'in' again this spring/summer14 and personally I can't get enough of it, but it is difficult to find a product that doesn't look too cheap and tacky. 
These designs by TAWN are absolutely stunning and so they should be.. 
"A mixture of handmade holographic and reflective graphics inspired by the blinding light of the Chelyabinsk air burst. These have been cut and placed individually onto each garment by hand.." 
The collection is currently composed of t-shirts, sweaters and bags all from £20 - £55 which I think is amazing! I absolutely fell in love with the lilac crop top shown here - need it! Also the rucksack is out of the world!

Another designer that caught my attention was Spangled - crazy sunglasses that have recently been shot by Mario Testino.

RAVE OFF RHINO RIMS-£40

Image courtesy of Spangled.


And finally EABURNS, jewellery pieces featuring lots of studs and spikes - which if any of you know me well, will know I'm a little bit obsessed with. 




Please go and check out some of these designers as they really are fab as well as being incredibly unique, they are also amazing quality and value for money. 

I think the event was a huge success for all the designers as well as AVANT PREMIERE. Sadly I had to leave early as I don't live in London (No after party for me :( ) but being me I managed to miss my train anyway.. 

When I eventually got on a train that ended up somewhere near my home, I embarked on the weirdest train journey I've ever had. 
First of all a guy sat down next to me and pulled out a personal tape player. Everybody else on the train started smirking, which kinda made me angry for a minute but then the guy had to start smacking the thing to get it to work. At which point I had to turn and face the window to try and not burst out laughing. The guy then starts humming and ahh-ing loudly - everyone in the carriage now laughing at him. The weird thing was, the man was smartly dressed in a sharp suit with expensive shopping bags. Meaning he could obviously afford an iPhone/mp3 player. Then these two middle aged, seemingly sober guys standing by the doors started attempting chin-ups on the bars above the doors. Their very unsuccessful attempts started getting lots of laughs from the other passengers and the guys responded by trying to get others to join in. A girl opposite me tells me she has just moved to London from Italy and asks "what is chin-up?" and "what is chalk?" (the men claiming their hands were too sweaty). So trying to explain to someone who hardly speaks English was also pretty entertaining. 

So that's how I spent my Tuesday evening!








No comments:

Post a Comment